Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best first hardware synth. Minilogue XD vs..
Staff
#1
0
0
Best first hardware synth. Minilogue XD vs..

For background, I'm a guitarist but always wanted to get a synth. I was in a shop and tried a korg monologue and a minilogue and they seemed like a lot of fun. I want to stay away from computers (and at least for now having to program anything using a computer) and want some sort of physical control for every feature (or as much as possible) as I'm not a fan of menu diving, and to help me learn how to use a synth. Ideally it'll be polyphonic with a sequencer. Any suggestions? Budget is around 400 euro and I'll be buying second hand, depending on what's available.

It doesn't necessarily have to be purely analogue, and I'm looking for the best bang for buck in terms of features and maybe build quality. Size wise, something small that I can stick on my desk (like the mentioned korgs) would be cool.

Effects are a plus but not a must, as I could always use my line6 hx stomp for effects.

For example, there's a roland system 1 and a Novation bass station 2 for sale locally for 300 euro, or a minibrute for 200. A bit left field, but I love the rhodes sound of the Yamaha reface CP, so I could maybe use that as a controller with a volca keys? Etc etc

submitted by /u/FreePork
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8