Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Eurorack outboard mixer?
Staff
#1
0
0
Eurorack outboard mixer?

I'm halfway through building my first rack (I have half of a 6U Rackbrute filled up so far). Right now I have an ES8, so I am feeding VCV Rack with the outputs from my physical rack, and mixing, adding effects and so on there. That works fine, except for some latency etc but it does mean that I need to turn on my computer to play, which I don't necessarily want to do.

I have no experience in how to mix without doing the above. I don't really want to take up valuable rack space (and spend serious money) with a final mixer module like the Roland 531 or WMD. I don't know anything about the Mackie or Behringer outboard mixers but it seems that a compact one of those might be the answer - but how well do they work with Eurorack?

Can I literally plug from one of my modules OUT into an input on a Mackie or similar? Is it a problem that Eurorack uses 3.5mm connections but every mixer seems to use 1/4 in. jacks? Do I literally just use an adapter and you're good to go? I know that Eurorack levels are high - can a "traditional" mixer cope with these or do they need to be attenuated first or something?

And finally - do you have any suggestions for a decently priced, pretty compact outboard mixer that would pair well with a fairly small 176 HP system? Apologies for the utter noob questions, I haven't been doing this long Smile Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/wonderwarth0g
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0