Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is Waldorf Iridium dead?
Staff
#1
0
0
Is Waldorf Iridium dead?

I am thinking about getting a wave table synth. I had my Eye on the Waldorf Iridium for a while but after looking into it I am not that sure anymore.

On paper it seems to be an incredible machine... But I have a feeling that not many people are using it and Waldorf doesn't seem to care either. There isn't much content for it on YouTube, the forums are absolutely dead - not even Waldorf is responding to inquiries there. The only place where people are even talking about it seems to be a Facebook group (ughs!) but it doesn't have much traffic at all. Everything you read in the forums are people complaining about crashes, dead displays and sound issues after firmware updates. There are obvious oversights in the firmware (like no latching for the Arp; only parallel routing for FX etc.) but there have only been very very few Firmware updates that only offered bug fixes. This whole thing somehow feels abandoned.

I would have to sell my Novation peak in order to get it. But I could also just get a Hydrasynth and keep the Peak. Would you rather have a Peak+Hydra or an Iridum? Is the Iridum even worth it? How is the customer support of Waldorf, they don't seem to care much?

submitted by /u/Great-Associate853
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4