Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is USB midi much less stable than DIN midi for sequencers?
Staff
#1
0
0
Is USB midi much less stable than DIN midi for sequencers?

I got a hardware sequencer recently (Pyramid Squarp) and I've noticed when I plug it into my computer via USB and just use it to trigger vst instruments that it misses notes. Like if I program a drum beat on the squarp it just won't play all the notes, and its completely random. Ive turned off all clock sync related things I can so I can confirm it's not a clock issue (that I know of), and I have tried it on many DAWs and standalone VSTs where the issue persists.

After tons of troubleshooting the issue seems to be that it's related to the USB connection because if I use midi with the midi cable through my RME interface the issue goes away.

I've been reading online that USB midi just isn't completely capable of accurate playback, but something about this isn't sounding right. I've used countless USB midi keyboards in the past without missed notes or notes that don't trigger correctly.

Hopefully this is the right sub. Could anyone provide some clarity on this?

submitted by /u/TheResinAnts
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4