Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?
Staff
#1
0
0
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?

I’ve started creating/performing ambient music that incorporates guitars, electronic elements, steel drums, and crystal bowls. Live performances are primarily intended to work with guided meditations, so I’m looking for very calming, soothing sounds.

I’m not really happy with using a laptop and Logic to generate drones, since I feel like I’m really locked into one loop, staring at my computer, and it’s difficult to create something that I can evolve and transform on the fly. I think a modular rack may be a good solution, but I’m looking for something small, portable, and easy to set up. I’m wondering— is this possible, or even practical to do (I’m thinking of something that is 2-6 modules for physical space/budget) or should I look into alternative solutions?

submitted by /u/smoozadelic
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0