Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advice on patching Grandmother to 0-coast
Staff
#1
0
0
Advice on patching Grandmother to 0-coast

I’m just getting started with patching between the GM and 0-coast.

For some reason the GM Gate out is not working to trigger the 0-coast slope (I’ve patched the 0-coast as a third oscillator using GM noise In, and am now trying to use the 0-c Slope to create a pitch envelope for both 0-coast and GM oscillators).

I’ve tried with both stackable cables and regular cables. The slope works to create a pitch envelope when I have the slope set to cycle (or if I use the 0-coast clock to trigger it), but I can’t get it to trigger from the GM keyboard.

If I unplug the cable between the GM/0-coast slope, and plug it in again, I do get one successful pitch envelope, but it doesn’t repeat with subsequent GM key presses. The orange EOC slope light just gets stuck ‘on’.

(The GM Gate output works fine with the 0-c contour, and also the GM KB out is working to control the 0-coast pitch, so I know it’s generally communicating!)

Any idea what could be causing this? I was expecting the GM Gate out to work as a trigger for the slope. Is there something else I’m missing - should this be working?

EDIT: I found a workaround by patching the GM Gate Out —> 0-c Tempo In, and then 0-c Clock Out —> 0-c Slope Trigger In. Finally they’re talking to each other!

submitted by /u/preparedtoB
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12