Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recording straight from synthesizer
Staff
#1
0
0
Recording straight from synthesizer

Hi, so I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to hardware synths, although I've been composing, in an amateurish way, on DAWs using a MIDI keyboard for fifteen years.

I recently purchased a hardware synth though—the Studiologic Sledge 2.0. and I am wondering what devices and components I need in order to record straight from my synthesizer? can i purchase an audio recorder like a tascam (haven't purchased yet) and then run stereo out to XLR cables to record two channels on the recorder? Do I need an intermediary device to help control the output before it hits the recorder?

I do realize I could just record into my computer—I have Logic and Omnisphere and dozens of other plug-ins, but I won't always have a computer at hand, and want to learn a different technique.

submitted by /u/MARATXXX
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Bass++ Mods
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8