Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can anyone recommend a reverb vst that is thick, dark and has serious modulation?
Staff
#1
0
0
Can anyone recommend a reverb vst that is thick, dark and has serious modulation?

I'm looking for thick, dark reverb with over the top modulation. I'm talking nightmare from the abyss kind of reverb.

I've been messing with Valhalla Vintage Verb and Valhalla Room for months and haven't managed to get anywhere near the sound I'm going for. Even with a 100% mix and max modulation I can barely perceive the modulation. I'm tempted to try Shimmer but I'm doubtful that will satisfy either.

I've had many reverb pedals that did this out of the box (Walrus Audio, EarthQuaker Devices, etc.). But I am getting nowhere close to this sound from my current reverb vsts.

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. Perhaps I'm using the wrong vsts. Recommendations much appreciated.

submitted by /u/impurfekt
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Hands-On True-Stereo Algorithmic Reverb ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5