Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nymphes hum/buzz at max volume?
Staff
#1
0
0
Nymphes hum/buzz at max volume?

I recently bought myself a Dreadbox Nymphes as my first synthesizer, and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I’m still a beginner, so this might be a silly question (although I have yet to find an answer through lots of googling and experimenting):

I have noticed that there is an audible hum/buzz when the volume is turned to maximum. This occurs both through headphones and when I plug the synthesizer into my audio interface and record through ableton. After some research, I considered that it might be a ground loop (I live in a very old apartment building). However, after taking it outside and powering it with a USB power bank, the hum still persisted.

Is it normal for the Nymphes to hum like this? What are some things that might be wrong here? How do you avoid picking up that buzz/hum when you are recording through an interface? Thanks for all the help!

Edit: The hum can also be faintly heard at lower volumes, but it is most obvious at higher volumes.

submitted by /u/bearkneesoup
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ADAM Audio Sub10 PRO and Sub8 PRO: 2 New...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Teenage Engineering Wants to Stop Making...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2