Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lost in Clouds
Staff
#1
0
0
Lost in Clouds

I should preface by saying I'm a real latecomer to modular, so much of what I'm about to say may be seem very old hat. I bought a Clouds clone (uBursts) about six months ago, but it's only in the last few days that I've started to appreciate what it can do. Embarrassing to admit, but I've only just figured out how to save and load samples to the buffers! It has been a revelation to find that I can do the things I want to do with Clouds that I thought I would need something like Mimeophon to achieve. (I'm sure Mimeophon can do lots more, but all I really wanted to do was create a pad from a looped sample....)

And now I'm getting the feeling that if one Clouds module is good, then two would be even better. I've heard good things about Monsoon. I just missed a second-hand one on Mercari, but I'm sure another will come around sooner or later. And of course, there's Typhoon.

Would love to hear your Clouds/Clouds clone stories. Let me know what I've been missing all there years.

submitted by /u/CallPhysical
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
In Memory of Street Art I
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1