Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dipping my toes via West Pest and have a couple of gate questions
Staff
#1
0
0
Dipping my toes via West Pest and have a couple of gate questions

I have a West Pest on the way, which I'm intending to sequence with my Squarp Hapax which has CV & Gate outs. Maybe the excitement has got to me, but I can't quite get my head around gates. Is a gate a simple timed on/off? As in can a gate convey what would be velocity in the midi world? Can a gate be enveloped? As in if I assign an LFO or envelope to a CV out and route it to a VCA/LPG can I get the audio signal to rise with a slower attack? I think both questions are related, and gate response might actually depend on whatever modules I end up trading my kidneys for, but can't understand it yet.

submitted by /u/anothermeatsuit
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1