Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Let’s talk transitions and drum fills
Staff
#1
0
0
Let’s talk transitions and drum fills

I am all about hardware jams and I think what separates an amazing performance from a bland one is transitions. Most of the music we make is limited by the 4-bar architecture of sequencers and this means that if you want to vibe on an idea for a while, you have to sacrifice the rest of your gear running on an endless loop. This tends to get boring really fast and leads to stale jams (and who wants that?)

What I’m wondering is how you all go about incorporating drum fills and transitions into your live performances. I like to use a Kaoss pad to add master fx whenever I’m doing a drop or to cap off a 4-bar phrase, but I’m at a loss for how to do improvised drum fills. It seems like unless you preprogram them as part of a pattern chain it is really tough to just throw extra drums in there. Granted some gear has “stutter” functionality but in my opinion this sounds kind of cheesy. Enlighten me!

submitted by /u/Alexis_deTokeville
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1