Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Have you moved away from drums in your rack?
Staff
#1
0
0
Have you moved away from drums in your rack?

I am trying to decide whether or not to sell some modules that are usually associated with percussion/drums in rack (Squid Salmple, Akemie’s Taiko, Varigate 8, Stolperbeats) because I feel like they are taking up space that could be better utilized.

I have another case they could go into but I keep coming back to the nagging thought that in-rack drums are never going to be what I want them to be. I generally prefer programming drums in Ableton because I can get to a level of complexity that is much higher, more quickly than with in-rack sequencers. Trying to do Aphex/Squarepusher style stuff just seems super cumbersome in the rack and I don’t know if there is any way to get around that.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with either removing drums from your rack, or if you got them to work with your setup, what were the factors that helped there?

submitted by /u/androof
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8