Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best / Favourite All-Round Analogue Synth?
Staff
#1
0
0
Best / Favourite All-Round Analogue Synth?

I recently bought an MPC Live 2 - going dawless has boosted my productivity massively and feel like I'm in a really good creative space.

I've been watching Jonwayne's YouTube tutorials (I recommend if you haven't watched) recently and inspired by the fact he uses an Octatrack sampler and one Waldorf synth.

I have an MS-20 which I use for big bass sounds and leads. I'm looking to buy one other synth to go alongside this and aim to call it a day there. I love the idea of going simple and sticking with it. It does pose the question however - which synth?? I'm looking to buy a synth that covers as many bases as possible - warm pad sounds, keys, brass, strings. I'm basically looking for a synth as versatile as possible.

I make instrumental electronic hip hop to ambient to synthwave stuff. Influences include Radiohead, J Dilla, Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Kanye etc etc. Any recommendations on your fave all-round synths or a synth that you feel would sit well in this setup? I could stretch to £2000 (maybe) but preferably it would be much lower!

submitted by /u/Joey_wu
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6