Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Keystep sequencer sync behavior
Staff
#1
0
0
Keystep sequencer sync behavior

Hi folks,

I've exhausted all the google search terms I can think of trying to solve this, hope it's alright if I ask here.

I've got a Volca Beats sending sync out to the Keystep's sync in, and DIP switches set accordingly. I can record a sequence and have it play back at the same tempo as the drums. HOWEVER, my sequence plays out of phase with the drums, i.e. notes not falling where they should relative to the drum pattern. I would expect that pressing 'stop' on the Keystep should go back to the beginning of the sequence and wait for me to press play; that way I can manually get them in phase. But instead, it's as if the constant stream of incoming sync pulses is silently advancing the sequence, and when I press 'play' on the Keystep it just jumps in wherever the pointer happens to be.

Does everyone else's behave like this? Is there a setting in the MIDI Control Center software I missed?

submitted by /u/spoooonguard
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3