Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2x Behringer Neutron vs. Moog Matriarch?
Staff
2x Behringer Neutron vs. Moog Matriarch?

With the recent price drop on the Behringer Neutron, I've been contemplating picking two up to create a powerhouse semi modular. That said, I'm also considering a Moog Matriarch at some point down the road.

Besides the obvious tonal differences (CEM 3340 VCOs in Neutron vs. Moog oscs), how would 2x Neutrons stack up against the Matriarch feature-wise in terms of patching/capabilities?

While a single Neutron has 56 patch points vs Matriarch's 90 patch points, 2x Neutrons gives you 112 patch points (albeit duplicate functionality across 2 units).

• What are the major differences between the Neutron vs Matriarch patch point function-wise? Does the Matriarch offer significantly more sound design potential in terms of patching vs 2x Neutrons? What does Neutron have that Matriarch doesn't, and vice versa?
  • Matriarch is stereo filter, but I believe 2x Neutrons could also be setup in parallel to be stereo (1x in L channel, 1x in R channel) or even a serial signal path (1st Neutron's audio into 2nd Neutron's audio input, which is then mixed and output)?
  • Is it possible to use 2x Neutrons in round robin mode (a la Korg Mono/Poly)?
  • Is it possible to patch between 2x Neutron units without issue, or do you need to keep the patching to each respective unit's patchbay for some reason?
  • How easy is it to setup/polychain 2x Neutrons to be played as a single unit, or as 2 independent units from a master controller?

These are just some thoughts that came to my mind, but any other insights on how 2x Neutrons stack up against a single Matriarch would be valued. Cheers

EDIT: this thread alludes to some of these thoughts as well: https://old.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/biq4zg/second_neutron/

submitted by /u/synth4ever
[link] [comments]