Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV
Staff
#1
0
0
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hello</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>I got a wonderful KeyStep for Christmas, but already have a question about it: when I plug it into my modular, I get a super high pitch from it (it tracks the keys), whenever I use the CV outs. If I use the MIDI out and connect it to my modular via my Listing + MIDI Breakout, I get &quot;normal&quot; pitch levels. The Oct buttons are not blinking / in the middle. </p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>Do I have to change some settings in the MIDI Control Center? Can someone maybe help me out here, please, so it tracks pitch even, no matter if I use MIDI or CV? Thx!</p> <p>Edit: Solved (see below), but I think the way Disting converts Midi from the Keystep to CV is different yet again, as it goes way, way lower. The manual speaks of -5 to 5 and I assume this means if I have the Keystep set up to send C0 the disting understands it as something like -5, can someone confirm? Can I unify this somehow?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/christianmuseodark"> /u/christianmuseodark </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/efwr96/keystep_pitch_difference_midi_cv/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/efwr96/keystep_pitch_difference_midi_cv/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV - by SynthWizard - 12-26-2019, 11:52 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:52 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:52 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1