Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Any alternative for Sub 37's Arpeggiator?
Staff
#1
0
0
Any alternative for Sub 37's Arpeggiator?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm selling sub 37 and I'm definitely going to miss the nice arp and the sequencer. For the sequencer I'll get the Beatstep but I can't find a good alternative for the arpeggiator. There are some nice features that I can't replicate on Ableton's arpeggiator. </p> <p>Edit: My post wasn’t clear about the pattern, sorry! Here I go again</p> <ul> <li><p>Back / forth: When you use the up pattern in arpeggiator it goes A-B-C A-B-C for example. with the back and forth on it goes A-B-C-B-A. in bi-directional way. Most arpeggiators do this pattern.</p></li> <li><p>And here’s what makes the Sub 37’s arp special: There is a same pattern for the octave range jump. with this function on you get 0 octaves, +1octaves, +2octaves, +1 octaves and back to 0 octaves. </p></li> </ul> <p>if you enable both it does this: 0ABC +1ABC +2ABC +1ABCBA +2 CBA +1CBA 0CBABC.. It makes complete mirror image throughout the octave, once up, once down without hitting the first and the last note twice. I found it impossible to do this on any other arp in this dead simple way.</p> <p>with the combination of these functions and different arp pattern it was really easy to get very musical melodies out of it. I've tried it on Ableton's native arpeggiator, while it has many different patterns it's missing those bidirectional octave setting.</p> <p>Is there any relatively cheap hardware or software arpeggiator that can do this?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/daninza"> /u/daninza </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/7r0j97/any_alternative_for_sub_37s_arpeggiator/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/7r0j97/any_alternative_for_sub_37s_arpeggiator/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Any alternative for Sub 37's Arpeggiator? - by SynthWizard - 01-17-2018, 06:49 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Audacity 4 Brings New Tools, New Look To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Cassettone, “The Poor Man’s Mellotron”, ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Free Mods Bring New Features To Akai MPC...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fluxophone Turns Anything Into a Haunted...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
North American Electronic Sound Expo (NA...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2