Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Modular Effects Sampler with Sends and Cue
Staff
#1
0
0
Modular Effects Sampler with Sends and Cue

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>First post / question. Smile</p> <p><a href="https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/749462">https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/749462</a></p> <p>The idea here is to send audio to manglers and then mix it back in. I know modulation is king. I have Elektron gear with CV and some modules to help with that on the right but I wanted to start small.</p> <p>The audio comes in (I prefer 1/4”) through the preamp and comes up to modular levels. Then it goes to a mult (I got both types because I read just do that — because I also want to mult midi time sync). The audio goes to N manglers (the magneto or anything). Some seem to have wet/dry knobs. That’s kind of the “send”. More on that later.</p> <p>Then it returns and you can mix it in. The PFL is key here because cue. I really hope this part is sane because looping/layering is important to me (selectivity/work while something else is going on). Finally the audio goes back out.</p> <p>Every module is black just because. Smile</p> <p>I think I have a cue/send/return thing figured out here. Is it going to work (function)? Is it going to be lame?</p> <p>I was looking at switches or like a matrix mixer but idk. If I just mult out, I can do N effects. The only thing I can’t do is stop sending audio to an effect unless it has an input knob like the magneto. So I was looking at like switches modules or stereo attenuators? They are rare I think.</p> <p>I know this entire idea isn’t at the core of the scene. I have other deep synths. Just dipping in here and like the N effects part of this.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Owl_Bear_Snacks"> /u/Owl_Bear_Snacks </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/f5zgxn/modular_effects_sampler_with_sends_and_cue/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/f5zgxn/modular_effects_sampler_with_sends_and_cue/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Modular Effects Sampler with Sends and Cue - by SynthWizard - 02-19-2020, 08:03 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 20
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19