Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thoughts on circuit as just a synth?
Staff
#1
0
0
Thoughts on circuit as just a synth?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I am looking to purchase a second portable synth. I already have a volca keys and wanted to add another small form portable synth to a small jam rig.</p> <p>I sequence the keys externally so I want ideally midi in and out to chain the keys. Or at least midi in and I can split midi if needed.</p> <p>My first thought was volca fm or even a craft synth 2.</p> <p>Both sound pretty good but need hooking up for sound design, however can be manipulated on the hardware.</p> <p>I then saw novation circuit second hand are comparably priced to the above. Yet has a mono and poly synth on different midi channels.</p> <p>My question is if anyone has experience in using the circuit purely as synth engine without using internal sequencer in a setup? It might seem odd to use the circuit like this but I have a library of songs and patterns ready and set to go. A 2nd and 3rd synth channel would be great at the price but I am unsure how the circuit would fit in with this setup or whether a dedicated small synth as the 2 above would be a better solution.</p> <p>I have read about the macro controls, but they can be assigned to whatever control I wish as far as I can tell. The single output for external fx would be a pain but if the synth is good enough could be overlooked. Also shared controls for the 2 channels could be annoying but again overlooked if the synth engine is good enough.</p> <p>Hope this makes sense to someone.. who could offer an opinion on the viability on using the circuit as a stand alone synth.</p> <p>Thanks all.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/IAMTYLERDERPEN"> /u/IAMTYLERDERPEN </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/cwo033/thoughts_on_circuit_as_just_a_synth/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/cwo033/thoughts_on_circuit_as_just_a_synth/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on circuit as just a synth? - by SynthWizard - 08-28-2019, 02:57 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10