Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recording to cassette tape
Staff
#1
0
0
Recording to cassette tape

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I have a local DJ that plays a few of my songs at a club every weekend (I really should get out of the house and do some shows) but that’s besides the point. Anyway this local DJ has requested that I record my next few tracks to him on cassette. I have an old Tascam 424mkiii... I’ve never really used. Anyway I opened it up, all the belts are good, none of the pots or knobs crackle do to oxidization.</p> <p>Tomorrow I’m going go out and get some solution to clean the heads. I’m not used to using cassettes as a medium to record. But due to the nature of the cassette, it does hiss when I playback a cassette I had laying around. I know this is normal. I can turn on dbx (which totally eliminates the hiss) but the sounds aren’t as crisp.</p> <p>Hopefully cleaning the heads will reduce a little of the hissing (but I have a feeling this hiss is normal)? Also I’m curious why this DJ wants a cassette... are they coming back? I kinda live in a little bubble... lol</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/momodig"> /u/momodig </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/cwpo4n/recording_to_cassette_tape/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/cwpo4n/recording_to_cassette_tape/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Recording to cassette tape - by SynthWizard - 08-28-2019, 04:17 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:01 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:01 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1