Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is a Filter?
Staff
#1
0
0
What is a Filter?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi, guys.</p> <p>I am just getting into synths (don't own any hardware synths yet - waiting for my next few payments to come in, maybe I'll get a Microbrute mk. I) and I am trying to learn how they work and, well, what's in the dang things! So, one thing I just CANNOT figure out about synths is what this 'filter' is. I am reading a lot about it in the literature and on forums. I tried reading a book by a guy named Chowning - that wasn't helpful. So... what are they? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm kind of a n00b.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/CharlesYbdis"> /u/CharlesYbdis </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/d2gdzp/what_is_a_filter/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/d2gdzp/what_is_a_filter/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What is a Filter? - by SynthWizard - 09-10-2019, 07:19 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10