Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Microfreak as a first synth?
Staff
#1
0
0
Microfreak as a first synth?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi guys, I want to buy a first analog synth to get started with sound design. I wanted to know if the microfreak was a good first synth. </p> <ul> <li>I already have a full size keyboard (Roland FP-10) so the fact that the keys are very different is no issue for me, even a good perk</li> <li>I wanted to experiment sound design with simple stacking analogue oscs. Yes, it offers many different types of oscillators <strong>but it only has 1 with very broad tuning</strong> which I'm not sure is great to get started with. This is the main thing that is preventing me from jumping into it.</li> </ul> <p>On the other hand there is the microbrute or the monologue, but they are not polyphonic and I would like to play some chords occasionally.</p> <p>Or is there another option around that price range (I can extend it a bit if necessary better pay a bit more for something that will be more use to me than pay less rn and let it sit in my closet).</p> <p>I am also wondering if the microbrute is only targeted to play dirty aggressive sounds or if it is more polyvalent than that and can play nice cute sounds. Cause I can buy a refurbished one for 140€ rn</p> <p>But again I'd prefer a synth without traditional piano keyboard since I already got mine</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/vinz243"> /u/vinz243 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/igtrjy/microfreak_as_a_first_synth/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/igtrjy/microfreak_as_a_first_synth/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Microfreak as a first synth? - by SynthWizard - 08-26-2020, 04:26 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7