Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
FM Synthesis: ELI5 please!
Staff
#1
0
0
FM Synthesis: ELI5 please!

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I studied this way back in college and mess with them a bit and know the sound of one when I hear it, and know how to adjust things to create sounds (without really knowing what I'm doing) and of course all the standard stuff like LFO and EG are all familiar.</p> <p>I remember we had TX802s and they had this little tab on the bottom that you slid out a sheet that had a table of all the possible combinations!</p> <p>That's probably what I need a refesher on...</p> <p>Operator, and Carrier, and who's modulating who?</p> <p>(I understand about sidebands and difference frequencies, etc.)</p> <p>So for example, I opened Dexed - the last &quot;pattern&quot; is 1-2-3-4-5-6 across the bottom and the 6 has a loop on it - what does that mean?</p> <p>Other patterns are more vertical, and there are loops in different places...</p> <p>I know it's quite a complex and I can check out some sites on it, but I was hoping maybe there's an easy way to ELI5 that could be done here.</p> <p>Thanks</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/65TwinReverbRI"> /u/65TwinReverbRI </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/j9xywg/fm_synthesis_eli5_please/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/j9xywg/fm_synthesis_eli5_please/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
FM Synthesis: ELI5 please! - by SynthWizard - 10-13-2020, 02:13 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15