Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to avoid the sound of the note changing after triggering an envelope?
Staff
#1
0
0
How to avoid the sound of the note changing after triggering an envelope?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>This isn't module specific, but I'll try to explain it as best as I can...</p> <p>I've got a setup where I'm going to be sending a CV pitch sequence to an oscillator, and then I have a step sequencer to trigger when I want the envelope to trigger and create a sound, leading to a fun way to create interesting melodies... But! When I trigger the envelope, you can then hear the CV pitch input changing to another note, before the release/decay of the envelope has finished. Is there a way around this, so that only the note that was triggered on rings out?</p> <p>I've solved the issue with a sample and hold, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? </p> <p>Also, apparently the Mutable Instruments Rings has this feature built in? I'm using Plaits, and thought maybe that might have some secret built in feature for this too?</p> <p>So any help/insight would be super useful, thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/itgoesvadavada"> /u/itgoesvadavada </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/ky78o1/how_to_avoid_the_sound_of_the_note_changing_after/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/ky78o1/how_to_avoid_the_sound_of_the_note_changing_after/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How to avoid the sound of the note changing after triggering an envelope? - by SynthWizard - 01-16-2021, 02:08 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9