Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Starter synth for jamming
Staff
#1
0
0
Starter synth for jamming

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hello synth buddies! </p> <p>I'm getting my brother in law his first synth for his bday! He has been playing with his daughter's toy keyboard and loving it. They are looking into some keyboards and I was hoping I might convert him to the church of synthesizers. </p> <p>What would you recommend for a good starter synth under 4-500 USD. I feel like he would appreciate one with jamming capabilities, so something that could sequence a backing or rhythm track and allow you to play on top. Is that a tall order?</p> <p>Other factors would be smaller portable size, polyphony, and general ease of use / shallow learning curve. I don't think he'll be a stickler on sound quality.</p> <p>I was looking at the novation mininova and the akai mpk mini play, but I am realizing neither of those have sequencers / looping capabilities. </p> <p>Other thoughts are a volca FM and the elecktron model cycles. I think since he's familiar with the traditional keyboard the cycles might be a hard sell but it looks fun!</p> <p>Any advice would be much appreciated!</p> <p>P.s. in the absence of any other options, I'll probably gift him my Roland Gaia</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/itsnotaustin"> /u/itsnotaustin </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/mf3z2j/starter_synth_for_jamming/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/mf3z2j/starter_synth_for_jamming/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Starter synth for jamming - by SynthWizard - 03-28-2021, 01:25 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7