Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you document/categorize factory synth presets?
Staff
#1
0
0
How do you document/categorize factory synth presets?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm not much of a sound designer yet, so when I get a new synth, I try to go through the factory presets and make a note of which ones I like and could make use of in a text file. At first I've tried describing the sound (e.g, pluck, pad, drone atmosphere, bell, sequenced) and my feelings around it (nope, meh, good, amazing). I'm finding this to be tedious at best and mentally exhausting at worst. I'm guessing I'm being way too OCD about this and there must be a better way.</p> <p>When you go to make music, do you just randomly scan through presets until you find something you like? Do you spend so much time with the synth that you know by heart which ones are what you're looking for? Or do you maintain notes about your presets like I described above?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/dragginfruit"> /u/dragginfruit </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/p3tp58/how_do_you_documentcategorize_factory_synth/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/p3tp58/how_do_you_documentcategorize_factory_synth/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How do you document/categorize factory synth presets? - by SynthWizard - 08-14-2021, 04:19 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10