Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ordered my first midi controllers!
Staff
#1
0
0
Ordered my first midi controllers!

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I have a Samson Graphite 49 and a QuNeo on the way. I'm still fairly new to composing/producing and am experimenting with different genres. The DAWs I'm using include Acid Pro, Reaper, Sound Forge Pro, LMMS and Ardour (Windows 10 laptop, Linux desktop and an iConnectivity Audio 4+ that they both talk to). I picked up the Magix DAWs from the recent Humble Bundle and started evaluating Reaper yesterday. I'm inclined to use Reaper for most things and Rewire Acid for loops if I prefer it to working with loops in Reaper,</p> <p>The synths I plan to use are Surge, Pianoteq and soundfonts. I'm also fairly new to synthesis - are there any recommended resources to learn about synthesis from? (I do plan to reread the archived Sound on Sound series.) My budget is now depleted but I may invest in Serum later. I'll have zynaddsubfx on the Linux machine and also plan on dabbling with csound for a microtonal idea. Musescore is my preferred notation editor.</p> <p>Mostly I'm excited to have knobs and faders on the way but am hoping to receive advice on things to think of while I take the next step on my musical journey.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/mekosmowski"> /u/mekosmowski </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/d6pz1m/ordered_my_first_midi_controllers/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/d6pz1m/ordered_my_first_midi_controllers/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Ordered my first midi controllers! - by SynthWizard - 09-20-2019, 03:29 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5