Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Groovebox advice needed
Staff
#1
0
0
Groovebox advice needed

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>A while back I managed to repair and upgrade an old macbook pro, and ended up deciding to sell some gear and buy a maschine mk3 and komplete kontrol A49 - perhaps foolishly putting all my eggs in one basket. Now that macbook has died in a way that I think is beyond salvaging, my MK3 and A49 are bricks and I can't afford a new PC/macbook. Therefore my plan is to sell these devices and get a hardware-only solution for my music-making hobby.</p> <p>And it is just a hobby, so whatever I get doesn't need to produce complete, polished songs. It just needs to be fun and a mixture of synth and sampling. My favourite music to make is techno that is on the dubbier side.</p> <p>The reason I'd like it to be more that just a sampler is that I previously had and sold a digitakt, having found the endless scrolling for, and organising of samples to be a mood killer.</p> <p>The one item of gear I never sold and still have is an old volca sample.</p> <p>So far I'm thinking:</p> <p>Polyend Tracker - I do like the Elektron workflow, which I'm told is tracker-like, and the polyend does seem to have a lot of features after all the updates.</p> <p>MPC one - DAW in a box, maybe too focused on sampling for my tastes.</p> <p>TR8s - Looks like a lot of fun, but predominantly a drum machine - it has synthesis though, but does that include a &quot;chord machine&quot;?</p> <p>Roland MC101 - Has a lot of what I need, but looks uninspiring and maybe a little limited in terms of size/number of tracks. A toy?</p> <p>Roland MV-1 - Seems like a DAW in a box, again, has what I need but looks very uninspiring.</p> <p>Digitone - Always wanted one, but as a groovebox it's limited, however combining with Volca Sample might make for a more complete solution? The Elektron workflow definitely works for me.</p> <p>I'd welcome any other suggestions. my budget will be around £500, and most of these can be bought for this amount used.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/pigletscarf"> /u/pigletscarf </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/riduul/groovebox_advice_needed/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/riduul/groovebox_advice_needed/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Groovebox advice needed - by SynthWizard - 12-17-2021, 12:32 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7