Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Questions before I take the plunge
Staff
#1
0
0
Questions before I take the plunge

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi all, and merry crimbo! Hope the Fat Man's emptied his sack in a pleasing fashion for you all.</p> <p>I've got a number of semi-modular synths, but have come to the conclusion that the easiest way to get the progress I want is to build up a &quot;utility box&quot; of modules to integrate things. I know bugger-all about modular/eurorack gear, so hopefully you lovely lot can help guide my credit-card hand.</p> <p>I, like everyone I guess, want to be as cheap as possible. No, wait, I want the best value for money. Being cheap is just something that comes naturally, that's different. I'm mostly aiming at Techno, if that has any bearing on anything. I'm not scared of a soldering iron, and I've got a good stack of basic components, so kits are a definite possibility.</p> <p>I'd like your recommendations for the following - A Power Supply (looking at the Doepfer A-100MNT currently, is that the best bang-fer-buck for a few modules? Probably not more than 10, but then GAS is a thing), A simple, yet versatile clock divider capable of /3 (4ms RCD kit seems pretty good, especially with the expander), A couple of simple-ish drum modules, to be triggered from the RD8. Like maybe an FM drum Maybe an interesting filter, just for laughs.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Donttouchmybiscuits"> /u/Donttouchmybiscuits </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/rp2l5n/questions_before_i_take_the_plunge/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/rp2l5n/questions_before_i_take_the_plunge/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Questions before I take the plunge - by SynthWizard - 12-28-2021, 02:22 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
WeissKlang reveal KlangFormer 2
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
TC Electronic 2290: The U2 Delay
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
ADAM Audio introduce the Sub8 PRO & Sub1...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
The DMNO ON from UDO Audio
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Sound Particles update Energy Panner 2 &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9