Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song?
Staff
#1
0
0
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm recording a song that's based around guitars — kind of a lo-fi indie/alt sound. I managed to play the guitar, but I don't have/play bass. Does anyone have advice for finding a good synth bass sound (doesn't have to sound like an electric bass, but has to fill that spot/frequency range in the song), or writing a synth bass part that fits with a more electric-guitar-type song? Any examples of bands that do this well? </p> <p>I'm having trouble finding something that really fits. The bass either seems to stand out too much or has no definition/presence whatsoever. And I feel like if I play it at the same octave as a bass guitar, it feels like it doesn't sound deep enough. </p> <p>Thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Actual_Barnacle"> /u/Actual_Barnacle </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/rsjh19/tips_for_finding_a_good_bass_sound_for_a/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/rsjh19/tips_for_finding_a_good_bass_sound_for_a/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song? - by SynthWizard - 12-31-2021, 08:11 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ADAM Audio Sub10 PRO and Sub8 PRO: 2 New...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Teenage Engineering Wants to Stop Making...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2