Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Opinions of Erica Synths Black System II vs Black System III vs...?
Staff
#1
0
0
Opinions of Erica Synths Black System II vs Black System III vs...?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm looking to get a good modular system. I had a Blacet system (about 20 modules) and a Roland 100m* (original), but those were sold a few years ago, so I'm starting from scratch. I came across the Erica Synths Black Systems II and III and was wondering what you thought of them: the selection of modules, the build quality, reliability, whether the oscillators drift or are hard to tune/keep tuned, etc.</p> <p>I'm also trying to understand what the differences are between the two systems, apart from price. Of course I can the different module comparisons, but is the III just a 'bigger and better' version of the II, or are they different 'flavours'? The III has a nice sequencer, but I found that over the years I used my sequencers less and was heading in a slightly more 'organic' and 'experimental' direction, using modules that had more random possibilities. I'm also interested in having one VCO modify another, or the filters, producing distortion and complicated tonal effects. So the fact that the III has one more VCO is nice, but it's a big price leap for just that.</p> <p>In that direction, is there an alternative pre-built system you'd recommend as a jumping off point, or would I be best served by simply piecing together a system from a variety of manufacturers? The problem is that there's no synth shop that I know of where I live where one can go and try out various modules and get the advice of the staff. So any advice you can offer is welcome!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/atacamasand"> /u/atacamasand </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/shx2nf/opinions_of_erica_synths_black_system_ii_vs_black/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/shx2nf/opinions_of_erica_synths_black_system_ii_vs_black/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Opinions of Erica Synths Black System II vs Black System III vs...? - by SynthWizard - 02-01-2022, 07:39 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0