Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Vintage drum machines connecting to Eurorack: can all Eurorack modules take +12V?
Staff
#1
0
0
Vintage drum machines connecting to Eurorack: can all Eurorack modules take +12V?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm new to Eurorack but had both some Fracrack systems as well as a Roland 100m in the past (as well as other vintage synths, like the SH101, the ProMars, etc).</p> <p>I was just <a href="https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96737">reading about Eurorack voltages</a>. Apparently +5v/-5v is the norm? I never really thought about it before with my vintage synths or the Fracrack systems: i just connected one thing to another and it all worked.</p> <p>One commenter in the discussion I was reading was wondering about connecting vintage drum machines to Eurorack modulars. Apparently these produce a higher voltage than +5V. It got me to thinking: I have a Roland TR606 and a DR55. I don't have any idea the voltage out on these.</p> <p>Can I just plug these into any Eurorack module and those modules should be able to handle it? For instance into the gate/trigger in of a filter or EG? Does this vary by manufacturer? (For instance, I see Synthesis Tech. modules expect +5V/-5V).</p> <p>The discussion I was reading concluded that all Eurorack modules SHOULD be able to handle up to +12V without damage. But that was just someone's opinion.</p> <p>Any info much appreciated!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/atacamasand"> /u/atacamasand </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/tf2qlm/vintage_drum_machines_connecting_to_eurorack_can/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/tf2qlm/vintage_drum_machines_connecting_to_eurorack_can/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Vintage drum machines connecting to Eurorack: can all Eurorack modules take +12V? - by SynthWizard - 03-16-2022, 03:24 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10