Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Am I wrong to be looking for an alternative sequencer than the Keystep?
Staff
#1
0
0
Am I wrong to be looking for an alternative sequencer than the Keystep?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm slowly getting into Modular but I've had a Keystep that I've used with other synths for years?</p> <p>However, I'm interested in bleeps and bloops and despite the Keystep arguably being the better option, I'm tempted to get something like the Korg SQ-1, since the workflow would be more limited, more random and more abstract from typical music theory.</p> <p>Any other step sequencer you'd recommend? Perhaps something that allows different loop lengths (ie to play 7/8) and would allow for microtonal aspects as well? </p> <p>Thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/deltafoxtrot5"> /u/deltafoxtrot5 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/v84j3y/am_i_wrong_to_be_looking_for_an_alternative/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/v84j3y/am_i_wrong_to_be_looking_for_an_alternative/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Am I wrong to be looking for an alternative sequencer than the Keystep? - by SynthWizard - 06-10-2022, 12:25 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Polarity-MEQ, GRNi Lite, Lega Effect: Fr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19