Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Predictability?
Staff
#1
0
0
Predictability?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I don't know how to phrase this without it sounding a bit patronising. But how the hell do you know what you are doing..?</p> <p>I've been around synths a long time. Only recently tried 'modern' modular. I can tell you plenty of the theory how they work. But I have, say, 3, modules wired together, the output could be anywhere.</p> <p>I have a (Behringer) Wasp. I know, near enough, what is going to happen if I turn this or that knob. Old school subtractive synthesis (and I lived in Sheffield a long time).</p> <p>Do you actually decide ahead of time &quot;I want this sound&quot;, like a traditional musician would (or possibly Kraftwerk), or just dive in? How much do you determine the sound?</p> <p>I found myself thinking, I know how to change this sound, over there a bit. But it wasn't ahead of time, I want to do this. /Modify the sound in that direction, maybe. But then if you are using shitloads of sequencers, just wtf?</p> <p>Live people, not a seat of pants thing? One minute Skrillex, next bad farty noises... (Can you tell them apart?)</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/danja"> /u/danja </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/108h3f7/predictability/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/108h3f7/predictability/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Predictability? - by SynthWizard - 01-11-2023, 08:16 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
New Module Puts B.A.C.H. Into Your Modul...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Audacity 4 Brings New Tools, New Look To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Cassettone, “The Poor Man’s Mellotron”, ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Free Mods Bring New Features To Akai MPC...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fluxophone Turns Anything Into a Haunted...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
North American Electronic Sound Expo (NA...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2