Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Reverb: Blue Sky vs. Korg NTS-1 - What do you think?
Staff
#1
0
0
Reverb: Blue Sky vs. Korg NTS-1 - What do you think?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hey guys</p> <p>I bought last year a Korg NTS-1 to use it mainly to use it as a Reverb pedal. In my opinion, it does a very good job besides the inconveniences of the minijack input, etc.</p> <p>I liked it a lot but found the parameters difficult to tweak so it was difficult to get the exact sound you would like, or at least I was too newbie for it. Especially with the reverbs from hammondeggmusic (they sound GREAT though). Kind of... I don't know what is going on but it sounds great.</p> <p>I then decided to buy a Strymon Blue Sky, as I liked a lot the sound of it on the few youtube videos that I saw. It definitely is much easier to tweak, as you can control all the parameters. It sounds very clean also. I thought it would help me to learn how to tweak the parameters of a reverb.</p> <p>HOWEVER.... I find it is not adding anything to the NTS1. I find it even quite boring and honestly I would expect much more lush and immersive reverb effect. Even with shimmer, it sounds always very similar, difficult to explain.</p> <p>Is it me that I don't know how to use it properly? Is it justified to keep a 300+ Bucks thing that the NTS1 can do also or should I sell it and try another one like the Big Sky?</p> <p>May I have something in the audio chain that is spoiling it? It goes like this: Korg Minilogue -&gt; Blue Sky -&gt; Boss RC202 Loop station -&gt; Headphones</p> <p>Any feedback would be much appreciated!</p> <p>Good vibes to everyone.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/marcusedm123"> /u/marcusedm123 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/112jj51/reverb_blue_sky_vs_korg_nts1_what_do_you_think/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/112jj51/reverb_blue_sky_vs_korg_nts1_what_do_you_think/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Reverb: Blue Sky vs. Korg NTS-1 - What do you think? - by SynthWizard - 02-15-2023, 02:17 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Plugins You Actually Need For Mixing
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Cherry Audio Revives Rare Gleeman Pentap...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Suzanne Ciani On Buchla Instruments & Mo...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7