Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modular Glitch Machine ?
Staff
Modular Glitch Machine ?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi, newbie here !</p> <p>I have a pretty good knowledge about synthesizers in general, but never played around with a modular synth before and I might have a budget soon (from 1000-2000€ max) to build one.</p> <p>The goal is to make a cool « glitch machine » (seq &amp; bass sounds + other tones and FX).</p> <p>I’m looking for crazy and odd modules to break the audio signal.</p> <p>I should be able to send MIDI and audio from Ableton (I have a Focusrite 18i20 with MIDI IN &amp; OUT), aswell as building a sequence from scratch from the unit itself (tonal, including scales would be the dream).</p> <p>Regarding modules, here are some that caught my attention :</p> <p>Oscillator - Mutable Instruments Plaits, Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter, Dirty Glitch VCO</p> <p>FX - Qu-Bit Data Bender</p> <p>Multi-FX - Erica Simps, Endorphins Ghost</p> <p>Mod - Make Noise Maths</p> <p>I’m not sure about what filter to choose and I’m pretty confused about all the utilities needed in my case.</p> <p>A bit hesitant regarding VCAs (which one ? how many ?).</p> <p>And don’t know where to look for a module that would make sure the notes/scale I’m aiming for are/is correct.</p> <p>Don’t know if I’m naive regarding budget, any help would be greatly appreciated ! Smile</p> <p><strong>EDIT</strong> : Thank you for the detailed responses ! A sequencer/quantizer such as Pamela's Pro Workout, combined with the Basimilus Iteritas Alter, with some modulation/LFOs and a VCA seem to be a good starting point to experiment with patterns and interesting bass textures. A MIDI to CV module to add when using Ableton as a sequencer.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/LoydMusic"> /u/LoydMusic </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/12ydk05/modular_glitch_machine/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/12ydk05/modular_glitch_machine/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Modular Glitch Machine ? - by SynthWizard - 04-26-2023, 02:06 PM