Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Digitakt makes sense as first hardware after years working ITB?
Staff
Does Digitakt makes sense as first hardware after years working ITB?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I don't have any external synthesizers aside from VSTs in Ableton. I have been eyeing the Digitakt for a while and I believe its beat-making abilities can breathe a new life into my workflow.</p> <p>However, I also read that, without using its sequencing abilities on external gear, I wouldn't be making full use of what it has to offer. This would be my first attempt to get a little bit out of the box, so I am kinda hesitant if Digitakt will turn out to be another DAW filled inside an external box. Given that I also have less and less time due to my job, I just want to keep things going during the weekends without hours of menu diving and tweaking. Note that I am doing mostly ambient/techno/experimental stuff. I just want to get out of the damn Piano Roll for beat making.</p> <p>I also couldn't understand (noob alert) if I will be able to sequence my VSTs (say a preset inside Surge or Serum) via the 8 MIDI sequencers of Digitakt. I would appreciate any feedback on this from DT users.</p> <p>So all in all, from a DT+Ableton combo, I believe I would be able to:</p> <ol> <li>Use Overbridge and record 8 tracks simultaneously to process them later ITB (via MIDI over USB)</li> <li>I can import my own samples and use them to further chop/edit/slice sounds</li> <li>When I buy my first hardware synth, I wouldn't feel the need to buy another sequencer like Beatstep or Keystep PRO.</li> </ol> <p>Is there anything else I am missing? I have loads of drum racks, macros, probability racks I can use for sample processing. So if I will be scrolling for samples for hours, assign them to a track and change its parameters, I can also do that in Ableton's sampler, much faster on top of that.</p> <p>My final questions therefore are, what can Digitakt provide for people working in the box without any external gear? In what regard does it shine as a drum machine? Does $800 price tag make sense in this setting? Any other advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/spectrumofanyhting"> /u/spectrumofanyhting </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/k7e9g2/does_digitakt_makes_sense_as_first_hardware_after/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/k7e9g2/does_digitakt_makes_sense_as_first_hardware_after/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Does Digitakt makes sense as first hardware after years working ITB? - by SynthWizard - 12-05-2020, 05:24 PM