Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me decide on an FX module
Staff
Help me decide on an FX module

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Looking for an FX module that meets the following criteria:</p> <ul> <li>between 6-12hp (can be a little bigger if you have something cool in mind, but I’d prefer not)</li> <li>has stereo outs (also would like stereo ins but that’s less important)</li> <li>preferably no menu diving. I’m finding myself to be a one knob per function kind of person. I’m not opposed to modules with a simple menu, what I actually really don’t like is modules that have a “hold this button for three seconds to give it a new function” type of menus. I don’t mind diving through an LED screen menu but I really hate having to hold buttons down, just feels like it slows the creative process unnecessarily </li> <li>playable (feels good to twist the knobs, aesthetically pleasing, not too small, etc)</li> <li>would like lots of CV, but would also like a module that works well as a standard, unmodulated end of chain type effect, ie. capable of a lot of modulation, but doesn’t need it to work well</li> <li>verb and delay in one module is pretty important to me (but if I end up not being able to find something that satisfies this requirement I could be convinced to just get two separate modules for verb and delay. Open to suggestions on this)</li> <li>versatile (lots of diff options for verbs and delays)</li> <li>onboard filtering or just a bass/treble type tone knob is pretty important too</li> <li>CV over wet dry would be great</li> </ul> <p>So far I’ve looked into the following modules and none of them really check every box:</p> <ul> <li>tip top z5000/zverb/echoez</li> <li>happy nerding FX aid</li> <li>Erica synths black BBD, dual FX, black hole DSP</li> <li>Endorphines milky way</li> <li>MN mineophon</li> <li>xaoc sarajewo/timisoara</li> <li>qubit Priam/aurora</li> <li>noise engineering desmodus versio</li> </ul> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/jlustigabnj"> /u/jlustigabnj </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/qq9846/help_me_decide_on_an_fx_module/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/qq9846/help_me_decide_on_an_fx_module/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Help me decide on an FX module - by SynthWizard - 11-10-2021, 12:40 PM