Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 steps + 4 tracks Drum machine/sequencer -- Ideas?
Staff
16 steps + 4 tracks Drum machine/sequencer -- Ideas?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi guys!</p> <p>I am actually using my Korg Electribe 2 as a drum machine. Problem is the work is quite a pain in the neck. Too much menu diving and switching from drum sound to drum sound, and the sequencer, the bars, etc. makes it really complicated to see &quot;at a glance&quot; the whole rhythm.</p> <p>So I was thinking about a drum machine/sequencer which would have 4 rows (one for kick, one for snare, one for closed hh, one for open hh) of 16 pads. That way you always have the whole bar &quot;image&quot; of the rhytm at one glance. Much better to compose and jam.</p> <p>I also would like to keep it not very expensive. I found :</p> <p>- Korg SQ64 -- Seems good, not very expensive, but it is just a sequencer so you have to have the drum machine on top somewhere else. I don't even know if it would work with the E2 as the E2 midi controls are very weird.</p> <p>- AKAI Fire -- Same thing as the korg, plus even worse as it seems to be made to function only with FL Studio. But decent price.</p> <p>- The Synthstrom deluge -- Looks amazing but it is prohibitibely expensive. Really seems like a DAW without computer. Another added &quot;problem&quot; is that it does too many things. It can distract one a lot from actually making music. At least for me.</p> <p>- OXI one -- What about this beast? Sounds cool and is a bit pricey but I don't think you can buy it normally but through an indiegogo campaign of limited units, etc... BUT it seems reeeally cool. 8 tracks of 16 steps at a glance! And many other features. Seems too good to be true. Half the price of the Deluge.</p> <p>Any other Ideas?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/marcusedm123"> /u/marcusedm123 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/re4gwc/16_steps_4_tracks_drum_machinesequencer_ideas/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/re4gwc/16_steps_4_tracks_drum_machinesequencer_ideas/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
16 steps + 4 tracks Drum machine/sequencer -- Ideas? - by SynthWizard - 12-11-2021, 02:06 PM