Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alesis Quadraverb 2 purchase issues. Should I keep it?
Staff
Alesis Quadraverb 2 purchase issues. Should I keep it?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hello, I think this may be my first post on reddit. Hopefully, you all will be nice! Haha.</p> <p>I just received an Alesis Quadraverb 2 today that I purchased through Reverb. It has a few issues. First the good. The screen isn't perfect, but is not a problem to read at all and is plenty bright. I hooked up my Ensoniq ESQ-1 to it and the effects seem to be working fine. I'm not an expert by any means, but trying a few presets sounds great to me!</p> <p>Here are the issues. The power button I have to push in further than I think is normal for it to click and stay on. So I have some concern this may go out eventually. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix if it does?</p> <p>The user presets had weird characters and when I clicked on each one it would say &quot;Bad Program&quot;. I did a factory reset and now the programs are blank now (of course), but don't say &quot;Bad Program&quot; any more, so hopefully that is fixed. However, the bad, in figuring out how to do a factory reset, I accidentally pushed the wrong button which put it through a series of tests. In those tests I get the messages &quot;processor SRAM ok&quot;, &quot;Midi Jack Bad&quot;, &quot;Optical Bad&quot;, &quot;SRAM Good&quot;, &quot;Checksum Ok&quot;.</p> <p>I'm pretty much a noob to this stuff. I am not really sure whether I would ever need the midi jack or optical connections. All I am looking for is an outboard effects unit for my ESQ-1, my Akai S3000XL and maybe eventually guitar and vocals. I thought about getting the eb-16 board for the S3000XL, but a quadraverb seemed like a better investment since I could use it with multiple things. It looks like I could get 2 or 3 quadraverbs for one eb-16 board.</p> <p>In conclusion, I think it should be fine for my needs. But if anyone thinks I am going to regret not having the midi or optical, please let me know. Thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/ParrotlikeChafe"> /u/ParrotlikeChafe </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/rq3py4/alesis_quadraverb_2_purchase_issues_should_i_keep/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/rq3py4/alesis_quadraverb_2_purchase_issues_should_i_keep/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Alesis Quadraverb 2 purchase issues. Should I keep it? - by SynthWizard - 12-28-2021, 02:22 AM