Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RackBrute 3U - First modules for beginner project for review and recomendations
Staff
RackBrute 3U - First modules for beginner project for review and recomendations

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi all,</p> <p>This looks like an amazing site so glad to have found it. I have an MiniBrute 2 with the patch bay and love it. I am now considering getting a 3U RackBrute as it looks like a handy system to compliment the MB2. For a long time I used Blofeld synth so learned a lot about complex patching and I am hoping I can get a handle on physical modules. My favourite synth albums are things like Popol Vuh - Affenstunde, Tangerine Dream - Zeit and the mad modular synth on Sextant by Herbie Hancock so weird dissonance and dark ambient is my thing. Slow evolving drones and noise fragments. I don't want a massive system as I don't have the money or space, so I prefer to have a self imposed limit of 3U and keep to under £1000. Maybe have a &quot;one in one out&quot; policy for modules.</p> <p>I have done some research, watched some videos and thought about the sounds I like. </p> <p>My first picks were as follows although I need to double check they will fit depthwise in the RackBrute!</p> <p>Any thoughts on whether this set up will do what I want it to do and any alternative module suggestions will be appreciated! </p> <p>Thanks in advanceSmile</p> <p><strong>Mutable Instruments Tides</strong> </p> <p>This seems to to a ton of cool modulation stuff in one box and I am not afraid to read a manual to learn it. I was also looking at Stages but Tides seems a bit more immediate. </p> <p><strong>Doepfer A-137-1 Wave Multiplier</strong> </p> <p>I love the timbre of wave folding and videos seem to suggest there is a world of interesting tones here. I like how each section offers individual CV control. Suggests there could be some possibilities of interesting evolving sounds in conjunction with Tides.</p> <p><strong>Happy Nerding 3 x VCA</strong></p> <p>Seems essential and will expand the MB2s single VCA. In fact I suspect I should get two of these.</p> <p><strong>Doepfer A-180-2 Multiples</strong></p> <p>Just a handy utility, again maybe two needed.</p> <p><strong>Erica Synths Pico Out</strong></p> <p>I aim to feed the MB2 into various modules to further mangle the sound and then send out through the RackBrute and this seems like a nice basic module.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/ghjdksla"> /u/ghjdksla </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/rras2o/rackbrute_3u_first_modules_for_beginner_project/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/rras2o/rackbrute_3u_first_modules_for_beginner_project/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
RackBrute 3U - First modules for beginner project for review and recomendations - by SynthWizard - 12-30-2021, 08:56 PM