Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What app is good to learn the keys (piano, synth)?
Staff
What app is good to learn the keys (piano, synth)?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Don't hope this is a bit too much off-topic but...</p> <p>I really want to learn how to play the keys (piano, synthesizer, keyboard). I mostly create synthesizer beep-boop music, but I really want to get better at live playing, creating melodies, chords, chord progressions, go from loop to song, etc.</p> <p>So I looked up piano lessons but those are... well... expensive.</p> <p>Then I looked at apps (because they are cheaper), but - besides from the first 1000 hits being ads and clickbait - they all claim to be the best.</p> <p>So I thought: let's ask the community, maybe they have good (or bad) experience with such apps. Or perhaps any tips in general.</p> <p>What I'm looking for in an app:</p> <ul> <li>It does not have to be free, but I don't have a credit card (most of them are subscriptions). I do have PayPal.</li> <li>I like to learn left-hand right hand stuff.</li> <li>I'm really interested in theory on what &quot;works&quot; and what you can use to improvise (mostly my improvisations now tend to be the same chord and the same key)</li> <li>It's not an absolute must, but I would like to be able to read sheet music as if I was reading a book.</li> <li>I have a Midi keyboard, so I want an app that supports that.</li> </ul> <p>So? Any suggestions from anyone?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/kanduvisla"> /u/kanduvisla </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/sqn68d/what_app_is_good_to_learn_the_keys_piano_synth/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/sqn68d/what_app_is_good_to_learn_the_keys_piano_synth/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
What app is good to learn the keys (piano, synth)? - by SynthWizard - 02-12-2022, 04:34 PM