Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to connect synth to daw / pc for best sound?
Staff
Best way to connect synth to daw / pc for best sound?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I've been looking this up for a while and there's just a couple things I could not really find a clear answer on. I only just got my first hardware synth 2 months ago and nothing else to connect my synth to my pc except the line-in on the back of it while using a line-in switcher to disconnect it more easily.</p> <p>but it just isn't the best sound as it lowers the gain, loses bass and seems to be easily distorted when playing louder, PLUS buzzing and noise occurs through it, but that only happens with my synth and my digital piano goes through with none, so perhaps it's just because the synth is analogue?</p> <p><strong>Before I start</strong> I just want to say that the way I'm connecting my synth is through line-in via the headphones input, as it uses 2 mono outputs instead of 1 stereo output like the headphones input (and cause I have nothing to connect the 2 to my pc), so that might be the reason why it sounds the way it is on the daw.</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>I've been looking at multiple audio interfaces, mixers, usb mixers etc and I'm not exactly sure what does what best or if they would sound the same.</p> <p>I'm sure price could affect the quality of sound, but in general, what is the best way to go?</p> <p>Audio interface into pc?<br/> USB mixer to pc?<br/> Audio interface + mixer? (more inputs, but could it lower sound quality?)<br/> Does an interface and usb mixer sound the same or can the latter contain noise?</p> <p>do they sound different from each other? how much do they differentiate from the line-in port?</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>Is it even worth getting any audio interface or usb mixer right now as I only have one synth? could they prevent the noise on it or is that just something I'm going to have to continually remove via daw? I guess I could live with having to remove the noise manually, I just want the sound to be the same as it is when connecting directly to my headphones.</p> <p>I'm not going to buy anything as of right now but I'd like some help on which route I should take.</p> <p>BTW I don't need individual channels, they can be merged for all I care as sound quality is what I want more.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/VinikisX"> /u/VinikisX </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/udoq4y/best_way_to_connect_synth_to_daw_pc_for_best_sound/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/udoq4y/best_way_to_connect_synth_to_daw_pc_for_best_sound/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Best way to connect synth to daw / pc for best sound? - by SynthWizard - 04-28-2022, 08:24 AM