Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic help post: Grandmother vs Sub25 Vs Prologue8
Staff
Classic help post: Grandmother vs Sub25 Vs Prologue8

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi guys,<br/> I spent some time choosing between these but can't decide on which suits me better. I have some very starter knowledge on synthesis and want to have solid piece of equipment that would last for a while for me to learn more. I'm looking into more drone, breakcore and something like industrial if you ask me. Overall I'm looking for something more &quot;raw&quot; and &quot;unrefined&quot; in terms of sound.</p> <p>I generally don't care about sequencers and patch memory since both of these thing can be bypassed by midi in and memorizing settings. I know the difference between mono vs poly but I'm afraid getting prologue would limit sound design options for mono sounds and likewise for gran/sub25 it would get me out of pads territory. So my thoughts on synths:</p> <p>- Grandmother: At first I really like it since I've found it can a lot of different sounds and especially blep-blops and industrial sound of modular which I'm kind like, but it seems to have overall softer sound than sub 25 which I didn't like. </p> <p>- Sub 25 I liked a lot aggressive sound of it but it seems to be quite limited in its learning &quot;depth&quot;? But it seems to be quite good middle ground between these two with 2 voice paraphony include which would allow for basic pads</p> <p>- Prologue 8: Great sound too but it's quite different from Moogs in good raw detuny way, 8 voice polyphony for that price with analogue seems to be way too good. But it seems it has limitations and can't as flexible with mono patches as the other two </p> <p>So guys what would be your opinions on these synths? Are there things I've overlooked about them? I'm reluctant to pick any of these 3 because every seems to be very good but in each own thing and haven't found &quot;that thing&quot; in them that would push me to pick.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/synrouge"> /u/synrouge </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/vfeph8/classic_help_post_grandmother_vs_sub25_vs/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/vfeph8/classic_help_post_grandmother_vs_sub25_vs/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Classic help post: Grandmother vs Sub25 Vs Prologue8 - by SynthWizard - 06-18-2022, 05:47 PM