Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding soft sync on Instruo Ts-L
Staff
Understanding soft sync on Instruo Ts-L

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hey folks. Have a really specific query I’m hoping people can help with - not sure if I have an issue with a module or I just don’t understand something.</p> <p>SO - Instruo Ts-L has a soft sync input. As I understand it from the manual when a rising / gate signal is input into soft sync, it reverses the direction of the main oscillator waveform outs (sine, triangle, etc).</p> <p>At audio rate this works fine and can be used to create various effects.</p> <p>BUT following this same logic, when the Ts-L is in LFO mode, I don’t observe the same behaviour. What I thought would happen: 1. I set Ts-L in Lfo mode and route the sine out into V-per-Oct of another VCO 2. I hear the second oscillator rising and falling in pitch as you’d expect from the lfo sine of the Ts-L 3. I then patch a gate signal / slow square wave lfo into the soft sync input of the ts-l and … 4. Each time soft sync receives a gate, ts-l reverses direction of lfo, creating more complex melodic sequences in the second VCO</p> <p>Except … when I do steps 1-3 … step 4 doesn’t happen. Inputs to soft sync have no effect on lfo direction of the TS-L at all.</p> <p>Any idea why not? Does soft sync not normally work in LFO range?</p> <p>Wd welcome any insight from ts-l owners or other experienced wrigglers !</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Efficient-Matter5509"> /u/Efficient-Matter5509 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/w3ybdp/understanding_soft_sync_on_instruo_tsl/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/w3ybdp/understanding_soft_sync_on_instruo_tsl/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Understanding soft sync on Instruo Ts-L - by SynthWizard - 07-21-2022, 10:25 PM