Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ever feel like burning all of your music gear?
Staff
ever feel like burning all of your music gear?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm not a musician. I've enjoyed messing around with music since I was young. It was easy back then. For me that just meant paying sing-alongs around a camp fire when we were all having fun. Though, I've always wanted to do more with it. </p> <p>These days I mostly piece together song ideas. Be it ambient synth stuff or acoustic guitar with synth layered in. (And electric psychedelic jams thrown in for good measure) </p> <p>The problem for me though is that no one gives a shit. I don't think much of what I do, but every now and then I piece together something that gets me excited, something fun, and I share it with my partner or an old friend, but nobody else gets excited with me. A friend might say &quot;it was cool&quot; two weeks later, and my partner will often point out an obvious flaw with my shit production, such as, &quot;those strings are a bit much,&quot; when what I have is just a song idea made in a phone app. </p> <p>I tend to stop there. It's hard to carry on when there's no one around to get excited with you. </p> <p>Anyone else out there feel like putting all of their gear into a pile and setting it on fire? </p> <p>To be completely honest I'd probably give up and move on, but I have a little human on the way, and I feel like there's something to music that's worth sharing. Something important.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/The_Real_Carl_Sagan"> /u/The_Real_Carl_Sagan </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/w53hh2/ever_feel_like_burning_all_of_your_music_gear/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/w53hh2/ever_feel_like_burning_all_of_your_music_gear/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
ever feel like burning all of your music gear? - by SynthWizard - 07-23-2022, 12:17 AM