Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torn Between Buying a Vintage or New Sampler, Need Advice
Staff
Torn Between Buying a Vintage or New Sampler, Need Advice

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>As the title says, I want to buy a sampler, but I don't know whether I want to (be a psycho and) buy a old rack (e.g. akai S300XL), mpc, or something else of that type. Or whether I should just break down and buy a digitakt or another modern sampler.</p> <p>I don't like the workflow of using a DAW to sample besides doing long sampling and manipulation that's not reasonable to do on hardware. I love the sound of the old samplers and the musicians that used them, like BoC, Aphex, and Daft Punk (to name a few). I know that the musician using it matters more than the hardware, but I still love the way it processes sound. There's also something surrounding old equipment that draws me to it.</p> <p>Basically I just want to be able to record samples with a mic or line, and mess with them (obviously) filter, reso, start/stop etc. If I bought a modern sampler I would like to load samples with an sd or something like that in addition to recording.</p> <p>So I'm asking for any advice you think I need and sampler suggestions; new and old and with or without a sequencer! Thanks for reading and replying!</p> <p>*(also: I plan on mostly sampling drums, other pieces of music, clips from movies, and sounds I make)*</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Whole_Environmental"> /u/Whole_Environmental </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/z9y97e/torn_between_buying_a_vintage_or_new_sampler_need/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/z9y97e/torn_between_buying_a_vintage_or_new_sampler_need/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Torn Between Buying a Vintage or New Sampler, Need Advice - by SynthWizard - 12-01-2022, 06:54 PM