Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best travel-friendly keyboard with CV outs for Pitch and Gate?
Staff
Best travel-friendly keyboard with CV outs for Pitch and Gate?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>So I've created a perfect travel synth setup: I carved out the styrofoam inside of an old microphone case, and it fits my Moog Mavis and cables perfectly. Using a MyVolts Ripcord, I can power the Mavis with my portable USB powerbank. This setup is so small and packable that I've been able to make music in my lap on airplane flights! It's a blast.</p> <p>The thing is, I miss being able to control the Mavis with larger keys like I do at home. I don't need full size keys, or even medium size – honestly anything would be expressive than the Mavis's onboard key triggers. (Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed it has any onboard playability at all, but you know what I mean). </p> <p>Does anybody know of a portable, USB or battery-powered keyboard that offers CV outs for Pitch and Gate?</p> <p>So far the only options I've found are the <strong>Arturia Keystep</strong> (which looks a little too big for playing in your lap, but maybe I'm wrong, I've never tried one in person) and the <strong>Keith McMillen QuNexus</strong>. </p> <p>Honestly, I wouldn't mind the QuNexus if that's my only option, but it would be nice to have more traditional keys rather than pad-style.</p> <p>Bonus points if your recommendation can send a third CV signal, such as one from aftertouch or velocity, and/or it has an onboard sequencer or arp.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/PocketOperatorsRule"> /u/PocketOperatorsRule </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/10mxy1b/best_travelfriendly_keyboard_with_cv_outs_for/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/10mxy1b/best_travelfriendly_keyboard_with_cv_outs_for/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Best travel-friendly keyboard with CV outs for Pitch and Gate? - by SynthWizard - 01-28-2023, 02:17 AM