Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequencers or drum machines with analog clock
Staff
Sequencers or drum machines with analog clock

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Reposting from <a href="/r/synthesizers">r/synthesizers</a> since I am getting a feeling people are not too helpful there </p> <p>Hello I am researching the world of semi modular synths and trying to find a good starting point by watching videos of product demos and seeing what is within a range of sounds that I enjoy. It seems the 0 coast is a good unit to take care of &quot;melody&quot; (use the term loosely) and abstract sounds. </p> <p>In terms of rhythm I was bent on the drum brute but after watching some more videos I understood that it is not what I am looking for, for the sound is too classic, and I prefer something more experimental and unique soundwise.</p> <p>Found the Moog dfam and really enjoy the sounds I hear, sounds more organic and with more possibility to find fresh sounds. </p> <p>Here comes my question. I understand that many analog drum machines and sequencers have a CPU at heart and create the pulse through it. I would like the rhythm in my setup to be based on an analog pulse, without CPU, as I understand is the case with the Analogue solutions Generator sequencer whose clock works using an LFO. </p> <p>Is this the case on the Dfam? Any other suggestions for drum machines with this characteristic, and possibly sequencers? </p> <p>I am still not sure what I am looking for as a whole but would like to start with the 0 coast and a drum machine. Or 0 coast, sequencer and something that can make percussion sounds. I know the 0 coast is capable of this but I think it will limit my freedom too much to have it do this.</p> <p>TLBig GrinR looking for analog clock sequencer or drum machines, similar to clock used in analogue solutions generator, sub 1000eur definitely, hopefully around 500-600 or so. </p> <p>Any advice is appreciated</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/lastpork"> /u/lastpork </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/eg1zx7/sequencers_or_drum_machines_with_analog_clock/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/eg1zx7/sequencers_or_drum_machines_with_analog_clock/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Sequencers or drum machines with analog clock - by SynthWizard - 12-27-2019, 03:24 AM